|Location||1-1 Ohnuma, Hanyu City, Saitama 348-8506, Japan|
|Number of employees||746 (as of March 31, 2021)|
|Products||Automotive products (tapered roller bearings, and continuously variable transmissions [CVT])|
- Access by Train
- 10 minutes by taxi from the Hanyu Station.
The Saitama Plant manufactures tapered roller bearings and CVTs for use in automotive transmissions and wheels. Bearings are manufactured entirely in-house, from casting through to assembly.
|1975||Building No.1 completed and operations started.|
|1981||Building No.2 completed.|
|1982||Kita-Kanto Logistic Center established.|
|1985||Building No.4 completed.|
|1989||Building No.6 completed.|
|1992||Building No.3 completed.|
Summary of the environmental and social initiatives implemented at the Saitama Plant.
1. Environmental Initiatives
- Briquetting Machine for Grinding Swarf Reduces Waste
- Grinding swarf make up the largest proportion of waste produced by the Saitama Plant. All grinding swarf were previously recycled for use in cement, but the plant has deployed a briquetting machine that compacts and solidifies grinding swarf, enabling the plant to collect and reuse grinding liquid. This change reduced the amount of waste produced and also improved the recyclability of grinding swarf for use as a raw material for steel.
- Reduction of Cafeteria Organic Waste and CO2 Emissions
- The plant cafeteria produces organic waste, which generates CO2 through incineration. The Saitama Plant has installed a processing machine that uses microbiological action to turn organic waste into fertilizer, enabling the plant to divert more than 10 tonnes of waste from incineration and reduce CO2 emissions.
2. Contributing to the Local Communities
- Work experience for students
- Sponsorship of various sports events
(As of June 30, 2010)