|Location||180-1 Nikaki, Tsutsumi, Tanagura-machi, Higashishirakawa-gun, Fukushima 963-6101, Japan|
|Number of employees||492(as of March 31, 2021)|
|Products||Industrial machinery bearings (ball bearings and spherical roller bearings)|
- Access by Train
- 40 minutes by taxi from the Shin-Shirakawa Station.
The Fukushima Plant manufactures extra small bearings for vacuum cleaners and automotive motors, small and large ball bearings for washing machines and speed-reducers, and spherical roller bearings for construction machines and transport machines.
|1984||Establishment of Fukushima Plant and start of operations|
|1992||Construction of building No.2 completed|
|2001||Establishment of NSK Fukushima Co., Ltd., as a Fukushima Plant spin-off|
|2010||Merger of NSK Fukushima Co., Ltd. and NSK Ltd. to Fukushima Plant|
Summary of the environmental and social initiatives implemented at the Fukushima Plant.
1. Environmental Initiatives
- Promoting Recycling Efforts
- Due to a recent increase in material necessary for the production of large-size bearings, the amount of grinding scraps has also increased in large part. To facilitate recycling of these grinding swarf to material used during steel production, the plant introduced a briquetting machine. It compacts and solidifies the grinding swarf for reuse in the steel industry.
2. Contributing to the Local Communities
- Open House Events (including tours of the plant)
- Cleanups in the area surrounding the plant
(As of March, 2010)