Spherical roller bearings are available in EA, C, CD, and CA types designed for high load capacity. Types EA, C, and CD have pressed steel cages, while CA uses machined brass cages. All EA types are high-performance standard NSKHPS Series bearings.
NSKHPS Series bearings have especially high load capacity, high limiting speeds, and excellent performance at temperatures up to 200°C.
Designations suffixed with “E4” have an oil groove and holes on the outer ring. Since the depth of the oil groove in these bearings is limited, we recommend using an oil groove in the housing bore as well.
The bearing automatically compensates for deviation in the shaft center and bending in the housing or shaft, preventing excessive force from being applied to it.
- Support for all types of loads
Spherical roller bearings sustain radial loads, axial loads in both directions, and combined loads.
- For fixed-end or free-end
- High load capacity
Suited for applications involving large radial loads, heavy loads, and impact loads
- Mining equipment (powdering machines, vibrating screens, conveyors, etc.), gearboxes, air preheaters, extruders, centrifugal separators, construction machinery, steelmaking machinery, papermaking machines
Search our full listing of catalogs for more details.
2D/3D CAD data for NSK products is available through PARTcommunity.
This free service is provided by CADENAS GmbH.
- How do I lubricate spherical roller bearings? Are oil grooves and oil holes provided?
- Yes, oil grooves and oil holes come standard in the outer ring of NSK spherical roller bearings for easy lubrication. These are indicated by “E4” in the designation.
- How is using two tapered roller bearings different from using a spherical roller bearing?
- Assuming that a face-to-face combination (DF arrangement) with the same roller arrangement is used, the biggest differences are the spherical roller bearing's capability for self-alignment and the permissible misalignment.
- What grease is recommended for spherical roller bearings?
- We generally recommend Shell Alvania S2 grease (AS2) for spherical roller bearings.