NSK's Approach:No.1 in Total Quality
The NSK Group aims to become “No. 1 in Total Quality.” In other words, the Group is working to achieve the industry's best quality in everything it delivers-not only products and services, but also information. The Group believes that this commitment to quality ensures that its products will satisfy customers all over the world.
- NSK Product Development System (NPDS)
- In order to quickly transform new orders into reliable, stable production, the NSK Group is promoting initiatives that build quality into each process
- NSK Quality No.1 (NQ1) Program
- The NSK Group is promoting initiatives to realize stable production and ensure zero defects.
- Human Resources Development
- The Group is promoting human resources development in order to build a stronger foundation for quality creation.
Quality Board Meeting
To strengthen Group-wide initiatives NSK Group management checks the status of quality control and directs the needed initiatives in a topdown manner at the Quality Board Meeting, which is chaired by the president and composed of directors in charge of each business division headquarters. NSK has also established quality committees in each business division headquarters and is working to strengthen quality improvement efforts through cooperation among the manufacturing, sales, and design departments.
Global Quality Assurance Organization
The NSK Group has established quality assurance departments in Europe, the Americas, China, and ASEAN as well as quality assurance departments in other areas. This has reinforced the Group's global quality assurance organization by providing support tailored to the needs of customers in each country and region. In the event of a problem with a product or service, information can be provided quickly to customers. The relevant departments are brought together, and take swift and appropriate countermeasures to prevent the problem from spreading. The causes are promptly investigated and measures are taken to prevent reoccurrence.