There are different types designated as NU, NJ, NUP, N, NF (for single-row bearings), NNU, and NN (for double-row bearings depending on the design or absence of side ribs).
The outer and inner rings of all types are separable.
Some cylindrical roller bearings have no ribs on either the inner or outer ring, so the rings can move axially relative to each other. These can be used as free-end bearings. Cylindrical roller bearings, in which either the inner or outer rings has two ribs and the other ring has one, are capable of taking some axial load in one direction Double-row cylindrical roller bearings have high radial rigidity and are used primarily for precision machine tools.
Pressed steel or machined brass cages are generally used, but sometimes molded polyamide cages are also used.
Depending on the existence of ribs on their rings, Cylindrical Roller Bearings are classified into the following types:
Types NU, N, NNU, and NN are suitable as free-end bearings. Types NJ and NF can sustain limited axial loads in one direction. Types NH and NUP can be used as fixed-end bearings.
NH-type cylindrical roller bearings consist of the NJ-type cylindrical roller bearings and HJ-type L-shaped thrust collars.
The inner ring loose rib of an NUP-type cylindrical roller bearing should be mounted so that the marked side is on the outside.
Cylindrical Roller Bearings (Pressed Steel Cages)
Cylindrical Roller Bearings (Machined Brass Cages)
Full-complement Cylindrical Roller Bearings
The open-type single- and double-row bearings are mostly used in general industrial applications at low speed and under heavy load, and the shielded-type double-row bearings are often used in crane sheaves.
Cylindrical Roller Bearings for Sheaves
- Improved seal: Contact seal increases resistance to entry of water or foreign substances.
- High load capacity: When used as a sheave bearing, radial and axial load capacities are increased
- Corrosion resistance: Phosphate surface treatment improves resistance to rust.
- Easy to apply grease: Holes provided on inner ring facilitate grease replenishment, even while the bearing is mounted.
- Fewer surrounding parts: With snap rings for the outer ring, fewer parts are required around the bearing for a more cost-effective sheave.
To find more titles of our catalogs, please follow the link below.Downloads (Catalogs and CAD drawings)
You can download the 2D / 3D CAD data of NSK products.
This service can provide designers with 2D and 3D data for mechanical parts.