NSK Ltd. and its group companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as “NSK”) believe that it is NSK's material social responsibility to appropriately manage and protect any personal information, including but not limited to that of customers and suppliers, which NSK treats in the course of its business (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”). Based on this belief, in order to keep the society's confidence, NSK promises to treat Personal Information in accordance with the following policy.
1. Formulation and Improvement of Compliance Program
In order to make its officers and employees (including but not limited to regular, part-time and contract workers) understand the materiality of the protection of Personal Information and, in order to protect Personal Information in an appropriate manner, NSK will formulate, perform, maintain and continuously improve the compliance system for the appropriate protection of Personal Information.
2. Acquisition, Use and Provision of Personal Information
NSK will not only establish its internal management system in order to protect Personal Information in line with the realities of business but also treat Personal Information in an appropriate manner in accordance with NSK's established rules whenever NSK acquires, uses and provides Personal Information.
3. Management of Personal Information
In order to ensure the accuracy and safety of Personal Information, NSK will take its best and most appropriate measures to prevent improper access, divulgence, loss, destruction, falsification of Personal Information.
4. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
NSK will observe any laws, regulations and other standards related to Personal Information. In addition, NSK will ensure that its internal management system for Personal Information is in compliance with these laws, regulations and other standards.
Handling of Personal Information
The purpose of this “Handling of Personal Information” document is to set forth the basic handling methods of personally identifiable information (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”) of customers, business partners, shareholders, etc. (hereinafter collectively referred to as “customers”) that NSK Ltd. and its group companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as “NSK”) handle in the course of business.
(1) Purpose of Use, etc.
NSK will acquire and use personal information only for the following purposes:
- Contact for business purposes
- To perform contracts with customers
- To provide information on products and services handled by NSK.
- To provide information on seminars, exhibitions, etc. held (sponsored, co-sponsored, or participated in) by NSK
- Customer satisfaction surveys and other questionnaires
- To respond to inquiries and requests from customers
- To implement campaigns and other events or initiatives.
- Shareholders management and communication
- Employment (including recruitment) and personnel management, etc.
- Other purposes as agreed upon in advance.
NSK may provide personal information to a third party with the consent of the individual, entrust the handling of personal information to a third party, or share personal information with a group company to the extent necessary to achieve the above purposes of use. In such cases, NSK will conclude a contract with the relevant contractor or group company regarding the handling of the information, and will manage the information appropriately in accordance with the standards established by NSK and laws and regulations.
(2) Purposes of Use Other than Listed in “1.” Above.
In the event that NSK needs to use personal information for purposes other than those described in “1.” above, NSK will obtain the consent of the individual to such use, except in cases permitted by the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”) or other laws and regulations.
(3) Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
NSK will not provide or disclose personal information to any third party without the consent of the individual, except in the following cases:
- When required by law
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy upbringing of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned
- When it is necessary to cooperate with the national or local government in conducting public affairs, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to interfere with the conduct of those affairs.
(4) Joint Use
NSK may share personal information with its group companies as follows:
- Items of personal information to be shared Name, company name, department, title, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.
- Scope of Joint Use NSK Ltd. and NSK Group companies
- Purpose of use For the purposes described in Section (1)
- Party Responsible for Management of Personal Information NSK Ltd.
(5) Disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc.
If you wish to request disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, or suspension of use of your personal information in relation to retained personal information, NSK will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and to a reasonable extent after confirming the identity of the person making the request. Please note that if NSKGroup suspends the use of all or part of the personal information, it may be unable to provide services that meet your request.
(6) Inquiries about the handling of personal information
Please use the following contact information for any of the above requests or other inquiries regarding retained personal information. Details of the procedures will be provided at the time of consultation.
- NSK Ltd. CSR Division Headquarters, Public Relations Department
- Nissei Bldg., 1-6-3 Ohsaki, Shinagawa-Ku, Tokyo, 141-8560, Japan
- Phone: +81-3-3779-6532