NSK is the only manufacturer to offer a complete development and supply service for the essential parts required for machine tools. NSK enjoys unshakeable global product strength for its bearings used in machine tools. These include:
- high precision bearings supplied from Japan and the United Kingdom
- spindles that offer easily the fastest spin speed capability available, and are of the highest standard in their class worldwide
- ball screws that have achieved top global brand status as a result of the cutting-edge technologies used
- NSK Linear guides™ that are manufactured using production technologies guaranteeing high precision and product quality.
NSK possesses analytical technologies closely based on tribology (friction control technology) which it uses to reduce energy losses to the absolute minimum, as well as evaluation technologies to rigorously assess how best to meet customer needs, and lubrication technologies that achieve both reductions in energy losses and increases in capacity.
NSK is also continuing to amass key materials engineering technologies that contribute to longer product life. Further, in response to customer requirements for precision bearings for high functionality and environmental protection, the company is developing environmentally friendly products.
As a comprehensive manufacturer of machinery parts, NSK is able to meet the increasingly sophisticated needs of its clients, and it can assist with both a speedy commencement of operations for machine tools, as well as optimal overall operation.
New products and technologie
- NSK Develops APTSURF™ High-Precision, High-Performance Cylindrical Roller Bearings
- NSK Adds High-Speed, High-Power Grease-Replenishing Spindle to Built-in Motor Spindle Series Featuring World's Fastest Speed of 25,000 min-1
- NSK Develops a Robust Series E-Type Angular Contact Ball Bearing for Machine Tools
NSK Experience & Technology
In 1998 NSK released its ROBUST Series of ultra high-speed, angular contact ball bearings, in response to a request to supply high speed and extremely precise bearings with excellent rigidity for the main spindles of machine tools. In 2002, using its spindle technologies and its ROBUST Series, NSK beat its competitors in the race to develop a spindle that could break the 4 million dmN barrier (the bearing's pitch diameter multiplied by the number of revolutions per minute).
In response to environmental protection needs in recent years, NSK succeeded in developing a grease supply system for the main shaft of machine tool bearings―a world first. This enabled grease lubrication of high speed equipment, which was an area where it had previously only been possible to use lubricating oil. Greatly cutting down on the amount of lubricant and air used contributed to reduced energy requirements and it also helped to improve the operating environment by eliminating the noise caused by mist lubrication and wind roar.
Precision Machine Components